People Are People

This entry was posted in Special Days, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to People Are People

1. mabukach says:

Great stuff, again. Your street shots are fantastic! I think the lady flipping you off is my favorite…

It sounds like your trip mellowed you a bit (as it should!!). I recall your posts having more edge before your trip. I’m glad it had such an effect; that’s what it’s all about. Getting away from it!

I worry about our future… they say there’s nothing new under the sun, but I think technology has (for quite some time now) brought us that “global village” that Marshall McLuhan spoke of. I think what’s new under the sun is the sheer size and scope of the world now. It’ll be interesting to see what that brings.

3. Very wonderful photo. BELLISSIME Orofiorentino from Italy

4. swlothian says:

You’ve captured the locals and taken them home with you in your photos. They are the essence of the places you visited.

5. Wonderful pics of people and places, And really interesting words and thoughts. You may be as disturbed as I was reading EuCaSia tonight to hear that school-children in Texas have to wear a microchip and are punished if they don’t… a woman using the microchip technology ( which I don’t understand) was able to get all the addresses of the children, and pointed out that predators could do this and would now know where every child was…so both their human rights and their safety is being breached..

Thank you for the compliment Valerie. Not being familiar with the publication you mentioned, I can’t say that I’ve heard of this microchip requirement or the controversy surrounding it. I choose my sources for news, when there is actual news, very carefully, and even then, I don’t believe everything I read. :)

Lovely shots. I think one of the coolest things we bring back from a trip is the connections we make with people why we were seeing the sites.

7. Brigitte says:

Great post and pics, Honie. So glad that you encountered people that thought nicely of America. I get tired of hearing negative things — every place has its good and bad. And stereotypes are sometimes wrong.

I think people who like to discuss ideas are my favorite types. So many people look for someone to blame or always try to find fault. I am not one of those people. Sure, I call it like I see it and sometimes I’m wrong, but I believe in telling it like it is. Gossip doesn’t interest me and well, nonsense is a non-starter. Kipling’s IF pretty much sums it up for me. I just wish it was possible to follow his instructions more often than not. I also wish it wasn’t written as how to be a man. That’s why I wrote the poem WHEN as a sort of mirror from a feminine perspective.